Welcome to my front porch!

Hi! I'm Donna! I grew up sitting on the front porch drinking iced tea and spending time with friends and family. Welcome to my front porch. Pull up a comfy chair, grab a glass of tea, sit back, relax and ENJOY!!!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Pioneer Woman

Ree Drummond is a Godsend. I'm cooking my very first holiday meal and I want it to be the best meal anyone has ever had. So, I've turned to Ree's website, The Pioneer Woman, for tried and true recipes from a down to earth homemaker, like me. As much as I can claim to be like Ree. Oh, how I wish I were more like Ree. I'll just have to live vicariously through her website. So, with my deep dark secret wish to be more like Ree revealed here's my Christmas Day menu.

Christmas Breakfast
Christmas Dinner
Christmas Cookies

So, there you have it. What The Southern Sass is cooking up for Christmas Dinner. This year we'll be celebrating on Christmas Eve, so our kids can open presents as home and know what it is to celebrate around THEIR Christmas tree. I'm so excited to be celebrating at HOME this year. I'm excited to have them run into our bedroom and jump on our bed, excited to see if Santa came. That's all I want for Christmas. To cook for the family and see my kids faces in front of our tree on Christmas morning. Oops, Christmas Eve morning.
Here's hoping that y'all get all you want for Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that site! And your new look is great. Very festive and classy!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh yum! I hope you'll visit soon, I will have my last giveaway of December this Friday.