Welcome to my front porch!

Hi! I'm Donna! I grew up sitting on the front porch drinking iced tea and spending time with friends and family. Welcome to my front porch. Pull up a comfy chair, grab a glass of tea, sit back, relax and ENJOY!!!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Kentucky Dinner Staple

Pinto beans, fried potatoes and cornbread. YUM!!!

A dinner that southern moms turn to on busy days. Especially, if you have this...


A crockpot is the way to go on busy days. I love mine. Overlook the greasy fingerprints on the stainless. That's what happens when you fry bacon and pour the grease into a stainless crockpot. Why do I love this crockpot so much? If you can see the writing on the lid, it's the Stay & Go model and it's spillproof. Just latch it down, unplug and go.


The only thing that would have made this meal better is this...

Collard Greens!! UMM UH!!!

Now we're talking!! Collard Greens are the DEVIL'S WORK!! I love them.

1 comment:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I LOVE pinto beans, corn bread, and fried potatoes. It's one of my favorite meals! Not so fond of the greens, but I know a lot of people who are.