Welcome to my front porch!

Hi! I'm Donna! I grew up sitting on the front porch drinking iced tea and spending time with friends and family. Welcome to my front porch. Pull up a comfy chair, grab a glass of tea, sit back, relax and ENJOY!!!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Freezing temps and Water Pipes

Never should they mix. It's not like if you mix oil and water. Then you might get a great dressing if you add the right seasonings, but with freezing temps and water pipes all you get is a HUGE mess. Well, unless you have luck and God on your side.

This morning I woke to no water. I was lucky enough that I got up when I did. I caught it just as it was freezing solid. So, I avoided disaster just barely.

FYI~When the temps drop below freezing, to help avoid disaster please do the following...

1. Open the cabinets under your sinks.

2. Leave faucets dripping.

3. Do NOT turn the vents off in your bath. Yes, I did this. I know it makes me an idiot, but my bath is the hottest room in the house and I was trying to force the heat into the other rooms.

Much love and unfrozen pipes,

The Southern Sass!

No comments: