I loved college. I was a Delta Zeta and Country Boy was a Pi Kappa Phi. MSU Pi Kapps and DZs just seem to always graviate to each other. In the last year, I think we've had 2 or 3 Pi Kapp/DZ weddings and we have a few more coming up in the next year. Anyway, when Homecoming rolls around it's a massive DZ/Pi Kapp reunion. This year was no different.
Country Boy and I have so many wonderful friendships from college. Whenever we get to attend Homecoming, it's like time has reversed itself and nothing's changed. Yeah, so a few of us are a bit heavier and balder and grayer, but it's like once we are all together again we are all 10 or 12 years younger and we are back at the house on Main Street at the annual Pig Roast munching down. That reminds me, I seriously need to get Doc's recipe for baked beans. Good stuff, people, VERY good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment