Welcome to my front porch!

Hi! I'm Donna! I grew up sitting on the front porch drinking iced tea and spending time with friends and family. Welcome to my front porch. Pull up a comfy chair, grab a glass of tea, sit back, relax and ENJOY!!!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give Thanks

As Thanksgiving is only a day away, my mind turns more fully to the things I'm thankful for. God and life has been really good to us this year, so there's much to be thankful for.

I'm also trying to establish a few traditions in my young rugrats' lives. At dinner this year, the older 2 rugrats will be telling what they are thankful for. I'm hoping to get the whole extended family to take part in my new Give Thanks tradition.

Then, on Black Friday, I'm taking the rugrats out shopping. Only this year we won't be shopping for ourselves. We'll be picking a Christmas Angel and shopping for someone less fortunate. With the state of the economy, I believe that those of us that can afford to be generous should. I urge everyone to be generous this year. If you can't do so with your wallet, then be generous with your time. Food banks and shelters are overwhelmed at this time of year. I'm sure they'd welcome a few extra sets of hands.

My Give Thanks List
  1. My Health~I'm healthy and happy.
  2. Work~As all you know, Country Boy has a new job and it's slowly bringing forth the changes we were hoping for.
  3. Home~While it may not be MY home, I'm thankful that we are able to put a warm, comfortable roof over our heads. A home of my own will come it God's time.
  4. Country Boy~I love that man. More and more everyday. I'm thankful for the last 10 years and look forward to the next 10.
  5. The Rugrats~Kids are kids and misbehave, but they are awesome kids that I love more than anything.

So, there's my list. I have a lot of other things I could add, but thats the just of it. I'd love to hear what you all are thankful for and what traditions your family observes during Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Jinx said...

I am thankful that we were able to share our family & home with a young man I had never met until yesterday!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love these moments to sit back and think of what we are thankful for. So easy to fly by and not even notice all the blessings around us.

Thanks for the moment to pause! I'm thankful for our health, that our needs have always been met, and my children are all happy & healthy!

Happy Holidays!
Melissa

Liz Harrell said...

Wonderful list. Hope you had a marvelous Thanksgiving.